Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wed Morn

Straight arm-bar from top reverse half guard and transitioning to mount from top half. Good stuff, the arm-bar I haven't seen in awhile and had forgotten about it. It was great practice to work on sitting to the hip from the more traditional half guard and keeping weight distributed correctly. 

Rolls with Russ (flow), Jeremy, Shaun, Steve (new guy). I tried to keep Jeremy in tight, b/c he's a fast kid and can move quite a bit. I had him in some trouble but his mount defense and arm-bar defense was on point. 

I did very well against Shaun, probably the best I've done ever. Tapped him with a bow and arrow.

Steve has been in several times, so he wasn't totally new. He was doing a good job of trying to control my feet while trying to pass, but not quite good enough. I had him in some trouble from guard and an arm-bar from mount. Couldn't finish the arm-bar, and talked to James after class. I keep forgetting the option of just pulling their far arm into me instead of trying to break the grip.

After class James said that my back and mount transitions are looking good, which was nice to hear.

No comments: