Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wednesday Night

I was on the fence about doing a double, and then Sarah said that she might drop in to at least roll at the end. That sealed it for me, so off I went. 

A relatively tame warm-up, for which I was thankful. Work from the guard, mainly by isolating an arm and flower sweeping, arm-barring or triangling. Also a quick review of how to manage when someone is doing a double-under pass and not doing a great job of stacking you.

KOTH, win by back, mount or submission. I didn't start down, but was the first off the wall and had Dennis. We had a good roll for 15min. I was mainly working from guard and often defensive. Had a couple of missed opportunities for sweeps and back-takes. He eventually capitalized by getting a solid top position and an arm-bar from I'm not even exactly sure where.

Sarah had come in, so she and I rolled for the remainder of the time. We got into really bizarre positions as per usual and had a fun roll. I tried to bolo her three times. She came up on top the first two times but I was able to get her back the third. We rolled for a bit after class too. Super fun and a nice way to end a two-a-day.

No comments: