Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Morning

Had planned on going to the Thursday night class but life got in the way.

Shvweaty no gi for Friday morning. Energy level was up, did not feel like I was going to lose function in my limbs due to exhaustion. Felt quite good. 

Technique was rolling back attacks from everywhere. Awesome. From 93 guard, attempt a back-take, opponent concedes guard instead of back. Rolling back attack! Good stuff on reversing a rolling back attack. Drilled with Jason S. His long legs are no joke. 

Way to win during rolls was to get back-control or mount. No subs allowed. Rolled with Jason, Ryan, Dez, Emilie and Shaun. No one got back-control or mount on me. Jason and I had a good back and forth, really fun roll. Ryan had top control quite a bit and mount several times. I got back and mount on Dez and Emilie's back. Nothing for Shaun and I. He was genuinely tired today and it was more of a flow roll. A couple of the guys tried the rolling back attack without securing the leg and they ended up disengaging completely and rolling away. Not my first rodeo with rolling back attacks.

After class I asked James if he had another roll in him and he did. Had a really fun roll with him. I don't know how hard he was trying, but he didn't get mount or back. I don't suspect that he was going full out, but he wasn't being slack either. I was happy with my transitions and control. Best roll I've had with him (and only roll I think) in awhile.

It feels good to feel good again. I'm coming to the realization that doing 6-7 classes a week may not be a wise choice.

No comments: