Saturday, May 2, 2015

Saturday Fundies and Nooner

Taught back-control today. Threw in a drill to maintain back-control if they fall to either side and free the bottom hook. I'm really liking the Mendes site. Wish they had more escapes and working from sub-optimal positions, but otherwise I'm pleased with that. Nice mix of theory and technique. Looking forward to be able to using as much as I can in my Fundies class. Had eight people today. At least 4 colored belts...which is a complete turnaround from last week's class of newbies.

Nooner was an hour and a half of rolling. My mind was ready. My body was mostly ready. Rolls with Jamie, Sam, Chaz, Kelly, Ryan, Cameron, several white belts and can't remember who else. Had Chaz and Kelly back-to-back. Just shoot me. Rolled with Sam again after class because he asked. My top side-control is not great. Otherwise, I'm not too displeased with my technique and effort. I sat out one round near the early/middle part of the class. 

Went home, mowed two lawns, walked to the grocery and had a beer with dinner. Ready to pass out at 7pm.

No comments: