Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday Night

A friend of mine asked me this weekend to do a Spartan race with her in mid-June. I said yes, and then when I looked up what it entailed, decided that I *have* to get back to lifting. And doing some bit of running. So I ran a mile last night and followed it up with 5 rounds of Cindy (5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats per round). Something to get started back into lifting. Turns out we may not be doing the race after all, but my legs were still plenty tired today anyway.

So.....between the workout last night and class this morning, my legs were shot for evening class. My energy was ok but not stellar. Same technique as this morning. 

Rolling KOTH, win by sub, mount or back-control. I started down with Rachael as my first opponent. I stood up with her for about a second and then pulled guard. She passed pretty quickly and I suffered in bottom side-control for awhile. She very nearly got mount, back-mount and a number of subs. I was getting my ass kicked, but stayed patient. She went for an arm-bar from top half or top deep half or almost back-control (I can't remember which). I was able to escape, get to a top position and eventually mount. My patience paid off.

After that was Rachel B. I let her transition through a variety of positions before eventually getting to mount.

Finally it was white belt Kyle. He's come to a couple of my classes, and I've overheard him giving good instructions to his wife, who also trains. We started from the knees, and I did something way wrong with an omoplata attempt and got passed. I have *got* to fix people running over the top of me on omoplatas. I know the defense for it, but I never implement it in time. He got top control and had all kinds of subs he was working. Triangle, arm-bar, you name it. He was able to finish with an arm-bar from triangle. So yeah, tapped out by a white belt. Not the first time it's happened at purple, and I suspect it won't be the last. 

Rolled with Rachael for awhile after class, she pretty much kicked my ass again. Was good to have her back on the mat.

No comments: