Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday Morning

No more Sarah on Mon/Wed mornings. :(

Open guard and pass from standing. Crowd, crowd, crowd.

Rolled with Jason S., Chris, Russ and Ryan. Jason was going for lapel guard stuff. I was able to stay on top for a piece of time, but not terribly long. He got the sweep, and the rest of the match was me trying to maintain guard and keep him off of my back when I turtled.

I got a couple of good sweeps on Chris, both of which were on instinct. I just felt that his weight was distributed in a way that I should be able to take him in the other direction and I was right. That felt good. I tried to fend off a sweep for a longer period than I usually do. I need to get in the habit of not giving up positions so easily.

Russ toyed with me for the most part. He let me get top position a couple of times, but he was really working kinks out of his game more than anything.

Ryan pretty much kicked my ass, except that I ended the roll passing his guard and on top. He just got his blue belt a month or two ago and he can already dominate the rolls. :(

No comments: