Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wednesday

I came in expecting to berimbolo all the things, but that didn't happen.

Technique was reverse scissor sweep, going the other direction if they hover or kicking their knee out if you can't load them up. I've had a lot of trouble with the basic version of this sweep, specifically getting people loaded and not having my leg collapsed. I think I may have finally got some details that will help me with that, and will try it on a heavier person sometime this week.

Rolled with Laurie, Emilie, Sarah, Blaine and James. I let the white belts work their top game but if they made big errors I reversed the position. Sarah wasn't feeling very good so we did two rounds and then she sat out. Blaine was crunched in my guard the entire time. I tried every submission and came close on a couple but couldn't finish. Should have worked for sweeps earlier.

Very fun roll with James. He let me bolo him, then it turned into a scramble. I nearly had his back (said every student of their black belt instructor ever) at one point. Also had a couple of passes that he reversed. He seemed to think that it was a genuinely fun roll as well, so I was happy with that. I feel like my general positioning and transitioning has improved over the past couple of months.

No comments: