Friday, May 15, 2015

Thursday/Friday

Since I didn't two two-a-days on Mon or Wed, I went in Thu night to help Kelly prep for Worlds. However, we never ended up rolling, so I didn't help him at all.

Russ went over some guard opening and passing, mostly pressure passing. 

Rolled with Russ, Manny, Daniel, can't remember who else. Wasn't particular happy with my rolls. Felt like a half second behind. Not sure why, b/c I had plenty of food, sleep and water before class.

Friday morning no gi. James covered arm-bars from guard with Walter's jump-to-armbar method. I'm glad we covered it...something that I should try to use when rolling.

Rolled with Savannah, Jason S., Ryan, Laurie and Chris. Did fine against the women, managed to stay out of subs with the guys but not entirely pleased with my positioning. Ryan took my back or came close to taking my back several times. When I finally got to side-control he basically threw me off in two seconds. He doesn't seem stupid strong, but I couldn't control him for squat. Jason had me in a lot of bad positions. Seemed a bit more evenly-matched with Chris.

No comments: