Friday, May 29, 2015

White Belt

It's been a very hectic couple of days, and it's going to continue through the weekend. That's my excuse for forgetting to pack my belt for class this morning. I figured I'd just go without it, but I didn't like the jacket flapping around. I grabbed an extra white belt and felt much better. It was a kids belt, so I could only wrap it around once, but whatever.

Technique was passing from half guard to mount and then mounted arm-bar. Or americana. James showed us a way to use your chest to help finish the americana if they were especially flexible, but I was doing something wrong b/c it felt like the submission was more difficult to finish. You could eventually turn it into a wrist lock if they were especially flexible.

Rolls with Sarah (twice), Rachael and Lori. I tried to transition Lori through a bunch of different positions. She thought it was no gi today so she didn't have a gi, but she was using my gi for grips. I didn't mind though. 

I could tell that Sarah had a rough couple of days, but she and I had a pretty good couple of rolls. She got me into 50/50 more than once and finished an armbar at the end of our second round.

I managed to stay out of Rachael's side-control and I think I may have got to her back. We started standing but I chickened out and pulled guard. It was partly attributed to the fact that it was a packed mat and I didn't want to step on anyone. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Got some tips after class from James on bottom side-control escapes that I'm going to use tomorrow.

No comments: