Monday, June 1, 2015

Out

Sunday

Advanced class, only four of us. Class was earlier than usual so that we could watch the finals of Worlds. We did three rounds of drilling, then three rounds of 10min rolls. Rolled with James, Shaun and Nate. Nothing special to note. Tried to stay active with James and had another good roll with him. I think a fair amount of back and forth with Shaun, while Nate had top control most of the time.

Monday Morning

Was dead tired from the weekend. Didn't really want to go to morning class and still am not sure why I did. Technique was ok. Rolled with Shaun, Christopher, Tyrone and can't remember who else. While rolling with Chris, he had top position and was working a choke. I knew it was in, but figured I could fight it off. I'm not entirely sure I went out, but it felt like one minute I was doing jiu jitsu and in a terrible position, and then it was like one of those old slide shows where there's a pause between one slide and the next and then I was still in a shitty position and had a brief moment of wtf am I doing here? But my body was reacting and I got into half guard and continued the roll. If I did go out, it couldn't have been more than a second or two. 

I was really happy for Mackenzie to get the win and world title and in such a crazy exciting fashion. She's awesome.

No comments: