Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Advanced

Sarah was at her first advanced class, wooooooooooo!

Sadly, her schedule is changing in a couple of weeks and she won't be able to do advanced classes for at least another six months. What a freaking bummer for her.

I watched a couple of Mendes vids before class and tried a couple of pretty complex things. Should have stuck with one complex things and then some easier things, but nope. I also meant to do some takedown work but did exactly zero reps of that. Very negligent on my part. 

I tried a bit of a tricky sweep when your opponent is doing a knee cut and you have the RDLR hook. Get a cross lapel grip with your top arm and using your bottom arm to stuff their far arm toward their cutting knee. Bring them into you and then make them roll on their same shoulder that you have the cross grip on (you are shoulder rolling backwards to end up in top half). I hit one beautifully on Shaun. The rest of the reps were either ok or downright ugly.

Rolls with Sarah, Nader and Kelly (twice). Not sure how we only ended up with four rolls. Sarah got a sweet kimura from 50/50. 

Energy level was good. I was wiped after class, but in a good way. Need to hydrate like mad b/c I'm sweating like a beast.

No comments: