Sunday, March 9, 2014

Saturday Class

I had quite the internal debate about whether I should go to the Friday class or not. As I was walking out the door to work without my bag, the dialog continued, but common sense finally won out and I didn't go.

My back was about 85% ok for Saturday. The only movement I couldn't do well was bridging to the right from bottom-side control. Other than that, it didn't bother me much during rolling. A few twinges here and there, but it wasn't inhibiting my movement as much as Wednesday.

We did take-downs, which concerned me at first but they were trips instead of throws. I'm pretty sure a session of hip throws would've made me cry a bit. Trips didn't bother me at all. We did a couple of variations of Russian Ties. 

Rolled with Rachael, Tyrone, Sol and Manny. Another roll with Rachael after class. I did much better than I thought I would. I had dominate rolls with Rachael and Tyrone. Sol was on top but I did better than usual at reguarding and staving off his passes. Manny seemed to be going at about 70% intensity, as he was just hanging out in a combat stance and was allowing me to get DLR more than he normally would.

I'm going to go to night classes instead of day classes next week to help Rachael prepare for NAGA and Nando prepare for Pans. 


No comments: