Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Morning

Was more tired than usual last night and felt a bit groggy this morning, but ended up feeling great for class.

Today was the gi d'arce from KOB, gi d'arce from side-control (arm trapped), rolling d'arce and a series where you go from the trapped arm to sliding over their body and either a straight arm-bar or rolling them and trying another straight arm-bar or shoulder lock. 

I kept up with my hand-written and mind-mapped notes for every class last week. It's tough to maintain, especially when I do class on consecutive work days. I really want to keep at this for a good 3-4mos stretch and see what comes of it. If nothing else, it makes it really easy to come up with a plan for drilling on Sunday.

Rolls with Sarah, Blaine, Jason (b), Tyrone and Kelly. I had pretty evenly matched rolls with everyone today, even Kelly. This is my sixth consecutive day of class, so that might have something to do with it. I got to everyone's back today, which has to be some kind of record for me. I didn't finish any submissions, but I was really happy to get an advantageous position. It wasn't all roses, as I spent a fair amount of time in bottom side-control.

Jason did a knee cut through pass several times, and the last gasp defense of stiff-arming their collar to create space wasn't working b/c he sank his weight down and his hips were in front of mine. I either need to try a different tactic (tho I have no idea what) or maybe I need to try to shrimp back? Not sure if I could shrimp back and keep the leg trapped. I feel like scooping underneath him should be effective, but not if I don't have the underhook and/or near side arm free.


No comments: