Sunday, March 2, 2014

Advanced Class

I considered not going to give my back a rest, but as soon I decided not to go I felt super antsy and had to get out of the house. So I went.

Only Russ and Dennis showed up (it's snowing like a beast and James is still out of town), so we drilled for over an hour and then called it quits. I had intended to work this pendulum sweep from Jason Scully, but my back was having none of it. I did the sweep from lasso guard, sweep from 93 guard (that didn't feel very good either) and Antone's pass from Friday. Also worked on the arm-drag both sides of a closed guard. All of them simple movements that didn't seem to hurt. 

Am about 90% sure that I'll be doing NAGA in Oregon in a couple of weeks. I have the $$, just need to make sure that someone can watch the dog. Will be doing gi and no gi, so hoping that I can get to a few no gi classes so that I'm not such a fish out of water.

No comments: