Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Meh

Good sized morning class with most of the regulars except Dennis.

My back and knee felt fine before class, but knee started feeling pretty dodgy during the warm-up runs. Moral of the story is not to run for the next couple of weeks. I really, really hope I don't have some CL shenanigans.

Passing the seated guard today. I was able to sit and take good notes after class, and am going to try to be more diligent about getting them typed up and into my system.

Step in pass, step in to knee slice, step in to knee slice to backstep, step in to knee slice to back step to knee slice again. A great series on handling various potential responses from your opponent.

Rolls with Sol, Sarah, Jason (b), Kayla and Blaine. I spent the entirety of the roll with Sol in bottom side. No surprise there. Sarah and I had a pretty good back and forth. I was in bottom side quite a bit with Jason, Kayla and Blaine. I was concerned about re-aggravating my back and my knee seemed fine during rolling but I couldn't make myself commit to any movements with it. All in all a pretty crappy day of rolling. I'm still getting over the cold that I picked up on Friday, but I don't think it contributed to today's woes.

I'm not going to let it get to my head. 

No comments: