Sunday, March 23, 2014

Advanced Class

I had a clear plan on what I wanted to accomplish in the advanced class today. However, I bit off more than I could chew, and probably should have stuck with drilling one or two series of techniques instead of trying to cram in four.

It was still well worth the while, especially the knee cut pass defenses. Guys were doing it "wrong", which gave me an opportunity to identify areas in which I could also counter when it's done not the way that I expect it. 

Rolled with James, Keith, Russ, Jason (p) and Dennis (everyone who showed up today). I don't remember much about the rolls, other than a general sense of James letting me work a little bit. Our roll was ok, but not amazing, probably b/c I was trying to think too much. 

Jason (p) smashed me and was in top side control most of the time. Subbed me with something, I don't remember what. I was able to hold off another sub for the last 30sec of round.

Russ wasn't smashing as hard as Thursday, but otherwise I have no recollection of how our roll went. 

Keith and I were pretty back and forth. I kept him in my guard for the most part.

I tried the inverted triangle on Dennis but once again couldn't noodle the angle for the finish. 

I felt great before class and thought that it would translate to rolling well, but it was a pretty so-so day for rolling.

No comments: