Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Give it a Rest

I didn't go to class on Monday to give my back a rest. I should have stayed away today as well, but it seemed about 90% this morning and I thought that would be good enough. I started stretching right before class started and realized that it wasn't as good as I thought. Being on my back and extending my legs was ok, but being on one side or the other and trying to get any leg extension if someone was pressuring me was not happening. 

What do you suppose the technique of the day was? Defending RDLR inversion. *facepalm*  Doing the defensive technique was fine for me. The problem was setting up the inversion for my partner. It didn't feel bad enough for me to sit out entirely, but it was probably dumb to stay. I decided to compound my poor decision-making by rolling, because it was feeling a bit better than before class started. 

Rolled with Kayla, Nate, Tyrone and Antone. It became apparent early in my first roll that I wasn't going to be very effective. I was in bottom side for the majority of all the rolls except for with Antone, who decided to hang out in mount for awhile. Scrambling wasn't going to happen and even sitting up was dicey.

On top of a sketchy back, I'm now on the fence about NAGA. My dog has a largish bump on her belly that might be a lump of fat or something more serious. It cost me a fair amount to take her in and have tests run on it. If they confirm that it's just fat and not really a problem then I'll probably do NAGA. If it's cancer or something else that requires surgery (and subsequently a lot of $$) then I won't be doing any out-of-state tournaments for awhile. 

No comments: