Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thursday

8/1 - Valley

Relatively big class as all of the instructors were in to do BJJ first and admin stuff after.

Started off by chaining basic techniques together. Moved on to legs locks when in opponent's guard, as a defense to scissor sweep and double-ankle sweep. We were moving through them pretty quick as class was only 45min and Damon wanted time to roll at the end. Rolled with Holly, Stephanie and Emily. I tried to work the Robson guard on all of them but was only nominally successful with Emily. Forgot to grab the leg when I went inverted. Oops. Fairly competitive roll with Holly. Let the other two (newish white belts) work escapes. First time in a long, long time that I've rolled with Holly. I forgot that she has tree trunks for legs. I think she might have done gymnastics for a piece of time....her legs are no joke.


No comments: