Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hairball

8/21 - Downtown

Up to 165lb on the scale. Need to be at 163lb for the tournament. Thought I would have sweat off the necessary poundage last night but apparently not. Going to play it by ear...still have a couple of weeks to see where I'm at. If I need to go up a weight bracket, I (grudgingly) will.

DLR sweeps today. I've seen them before, and the first two I did relatively well, but the third involved working your way to taking the back. I struggled with this one, and I'm guessing it's because I wasn't going at the right angle. I'd get there, but it seemed much more difficult than it should have been.

Rolls with Dennis, Kelly, Jimmy and Camille. Another good back and forth roll with Dennis. Really love rolling with that guy. Kelly did pretty much the same thing as last night, which means he used his wrestling voodoo to get on top in about 5sec, apply pressure so that I couldn't even think about moving, control my head and then go for some choke or another. I was getting discouraged about it last night, but fared a bit better today, probably b/c it was in the gi. Jimmy was moving quickly today, but seemed a little impatient so I was able to escape bad positions. I don't think I ever had him in any kindof danger, but I wasn't in too many precarious spots myself. I had mount on Camille a couple of times and in hindsight I should have let her work her top game more. In the midst of our roll she got a displeased look on her face and went into the back. I was worried that I had hurt her, but it turns out she had a hair that had gotten to the back of her throat and was irritating it. Haven't had a partner cough up a hairball before, so that was a new wrinkle.

3 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

Eggs and chicken breast... it's all about the eggs and chicken breast.

Relax On The Mat said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SavageKitsune said...

Hee hee hee hee hee...... ;)