Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 13

8/10 - Downtown

Went to class for the 13th consecutive day, and in hindsight, should not have gone. My ankle had a mat burn or something on it that got really pissed off from people laying their shins across it, manhandling it, etc. It was pretty swollen and unhappy by the time I got home. I put on hydrogen peroxide which helped some but it was too late because some sort of infection had already set in. Went to see the doc this morning and he took sample for testing and put me on antibiotics. Said I'd probably be ok if I had it bandaged, taped and an ace sleeve over the top of it.

Ugh. I should have known better. I didn't go to class yesterday or today, and will talk with my coach about doing classes this week with my foot bandaged up. I have the week off from work, so I could punt on BJJ and lifting too and take it as a full rest week. That leaves me three full weeks before the tournament. Will play it by ear and see what the test results say.


No comments: