Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 11, Part II

8/8 - Downtown (Evening)

Decided on a whim to go to the night class to get some good rolls in. I was in luck, as we were treated to an hour of flow rolling. It was well over 80F on the mats, so after lifting this morning and 2hrs of drilling this afternoon, I was pretty well cooked by the time the hour was up. James said we were going to roll full speed after, and I think we all gave him the crazy eye. Fortunately, that was his idea of a joke and we went over a closed guard pass and arm-bar escapes instead.

Hard to judge how I rolled, but I think it was ok, considering. I tried to focus on moving to escapes sooner once I realize that the guard is lost. Also made some half-hearted attempts at the Moura guard but was finding especially difficult to get inverted tonight.

Time to go pass out.

No comments: