Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 12

8/9 - Downtown

I was, surprisingly, exhausted after 3.5hrs of BJJ yesterday. It wouldn't have been so bad, except the hour of flow rolling in 90F heat. Even though we were going easy, that's still a fair amount of rolling.

Today was DLR sweeps. My mind and body were ok, but I could tell that I was a little worn down. We flow rolled for a half hour, and I went with Antone, a new girl, Manny and Jimmy. I didn't feel like I was doing anything particularly well, but it's hard to tell with the flow rolling. I focused on shrimping out when a guard pass was inevitable, but I couldn't discern if I was successful b/c my opponent was letting me escape or if it was actually the right thing to do.

I'm happy that I've gotten through the past couple of weeks w/o injuries or any significant pains.

Very happy to be officially on vacation. A rest day or two is going to be amazing.

No comments: