Sunday, August 25, 2013

Running Out of Pants

8/24 - Downtown

On Thursday, my Atama pants ripped across the mid-thigh when Scott was trying to pass my guard. The gi has been getting more and more on the ragged side, but I haven't replaced it b/c it's the "uniform" of the valley school. I only train there twice a week and I don't want to drop over $100 on a new gi that I don't particularly like. I had also noticed earlier that my Koral pants had another small hole, so I took both of them into the tailor for repairs. All that's left is the SYR, which is in pretty good shape. It should be, since it's only 6mos old. If I have the money to compete frequently next spring I'm probably going to need another gi. *sigh*

Anyway, KOB submissions today. They were all techniques I've seen before, so it was mainly a refresher. James makes the far-side arm-bar look so smooth. I kept trying for that smoothness but missed the mark. Other than that the drilling went well.

Rolls with Antone, Clayton, Zack and Ian. Antone got a gi choke that I staved off for awhile but eventually had to tap. He said that it was interesting watching my face go from pink, to red, to purple. I was able to control Zack fairly well, and got him with an arm-bar from mount. Felt like he was chilling or stalling a bit, which is very unlike his 14y/o self. Controlled and subbed Ian as well, although I think he did pass my guard or get to side-control at some point. Clayton was in the mood to crush, and nailed a couple of quick and hard chokes. One of them I couldn't verbally tap and barely had the ROM in my hand to tap on his back. He puts subs on quick.

I've been slacking on the Portuguese, but don't have anything going on today so will get back on track with that.

No comments: