Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Two-A-Days

7/3 - Valley (Morning) / Downtown (Evening)

B/c of the funny holiday schedule, I was able to do two classes today. The first in the Valley consisted almost entirely of leg locks. The second downtown was focused on arm drags from guard. It wasn't in the 100s today, and the Valley school has A/C, so it was relatively nice. Two quick rolls in the Valley. I think I was close on a couple of good sweeps but couldn't quite complete them.

Downtown the technique portion felt good. For rolls, we kept track of the number points we would have earned if it was scored and whoever got to 6 first got to rest while their opponent did 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and 10 jumping jacks. Not a terrible punishment, but there is something that is a bit distressing about not only "losing" but also then having to pay for it as well.

Sol was passing my guard like it was nothing. He would stand up, get grips on my knees and plant them to the floor. I couldn't break the grips, and he would subsequently pass my guard and either do it again or get mount and had his 6 pts. I really, really tried today to focus on not letting my knees getting pushed together. Once in awhile I succeeded, but clearly it is a very hard habit for me to break.

Two rolls with Sarah, one with Sol and one with Ian.

No comments: