Friday, July 26, 2013

Not Crushed

7/26 - Downtown

Today was a good day. Sweeps on standing opponents. A couple that I haven't seen before, including one that James picked up from the Keenan dvds. It involves a level of control of their sleeve and hip that I rarely have, so I'm going to have to improve in those areas before I try to incorporate it in my game.

Tried to take my head out of the rolls today and not get all sad panda when I didn't do well. Rolled with Antone, Blaine, Dennis and Jason (B). Good rolls with all of them, but I noticed they were pulling back a little bit. Antone restarted a bunch when he normally wouldn't. Blaine simply defended my guard game, let me take his back and then defended my back attacks. Dennis played a bit more, but I think he let me finish a pass when he normally wouldn't. Jason also wanted to go a bit lighter and gave me more space than normal. It was kindof weird. I don't think it was anything more than coincidence, but certainly a curious one. It was hot as blazes which might have effected some of the guys, but still. I could have kept rolling, my cardio felt on point even though I had a tough lifting session last night.

Dennis got his fourth stripe today and will be testing for roxa in November. Really excited for him, he has a lot of years into this sport and his technique will deserve it.

No comments: