Friday, July 5, 2013

Sixth Class this Week

7/5 - Valley

Good stuff today...four KOB escapes, a spiderguard sweep and chokes from top side-control. I don't think any of the techniques were new to me, although it had been awhile since I had seen some of the side-control chokes. We had a quick warm-up and then got right into the techniques. Had a good little flow with the spiderguard sweep into KOB and then rotated through the four escapes.

Quick rolls with Scott and Gary at the end. Had an omoplata on Gary...he rolled out of it twice, but I kept going for it. I think I tried to sit out to flatten him and keep him from rolling but I must not have done it (at least in time). Rolls felt good, hope it carries over into tomorrow.

Considered going to a no gi class tonight but had too much to do around the house.

2 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

Are you grabbing the belt to try to keep them from rolling out of the omoplata? That doesn't always work for me because the big guys often can still bull through the summersault, but you have a little more size and strength to fight it that way.

Relax On The Mat said...

I do grab the belt, but it doesn't seem to stop them. I might be gripping it on their near side hip instead of the middle of their back or far hip.

As a result of getting rolled though I am getting better at hanging on to it and transitioning to sitting on top of them instead of ending up in their guard. Would be nice to at least get a sweep out of it if you don't get the sub.