Tuesday, July 9, 2013

KOB

7/8 - Downtown

Submissions from KOB. Near-side arm-bar, far-side armbar and baseball bat choke. I thought I'd be a lot better with the far-side arm-bar as I've done it before, but was pretty awkward.

Had four pretty solid rolls. Went light with Opal, let her work from a bunch of different positions. Had a rather odd roll with Julio where he stayed mostly in my guard and seemed to let me work quite a bit. Typically he lets me work guard a bit and then rolls me up into turtle, but yesterday he didn't seem inclined. Don't remember the details of my roll with Jason, but I'm pretty sure I was defending from bottom side and bottom mount for most of the time. Good roll with Dennis, who keeps telling me that he's fearful of my guard but I don't believe him. He fell back for a footlock but ended up eliciting a tap from the calf instead. I can't wait to learn defenses for leg locks, b/c right now I know zero. All I can think of to do is to get the bottom of my foot on the mat if possible, as that seems to prevent most subs.

No comments: