Monday, March 14, 2011

Wind is the Great Equalizer

Had lots of people playing, which was fun.  5 on 6 I think.  I did better than I thought I would after a week off from playing.  Had a couple of good catches and a nice pass or two.  Also had some really terrible throws and muffed what would have been a game winning catch.  The wind was wicked.  Sometimes it would push the fris straight into the dirt and sometimes it would lift a short pass waaaay overhead. The worst part is that you were never sure what it was going to do which made it difficult to compensate.

My feet were absolutely killing me at the end, although I think we did end up playing for over an hour.  Apparently I didn't do myself any favors with the 60 box jumps yesterday.

For future BJJ tournaments I don't think I'll take a full week off of activity beforehand.  It worked out great for my tennis on Sunday, but even if I had four matches on Saturday the full week of rest wouldn't have been necessary.  I felt like I had plenty of energy and cardio.  Next time I'll probably only step it down for the three days leading up to the tourny instead of five.  Maybe keep it down to an hour of exercise a day.  :)

No comments: