Friday, March 4, 2011

Pacing

So I didn't run or play frisbee yesterday because I wanted to be fresh for BJJ class.  I was a little tired after work, but as soon as the warm-ups were over, I was dialed in.  Very focused.  I haven't done a BJJ tourny in over two years, and I've forgotten that the couple of classes that you have leading up to the tournament are intense. I'm not anxious, just focused.  It's a great place to be mentally. 

Did mount maintenance techniques (top and bottom) last night. A little bit of mount work thrown in too.  Good stuff...hope I remember at least the absolute basics for the tourny. 

Rolled with Leslie, Walter & Ian for 5min each.  Did pretty well.  Leslie did a great with maintaining and improving her position.  I think she had a really good roll last night.  Walter pulled guard (which he never does, I think he wanted to work on what we did in class :)) and I could not get out of it.  I defended the collar choke attempts ok, but I was getting frustrated that I couldn't get out.  Bah.  My roll with Ian was good...I worked on positional control.  He was protecting his arms and neck well, although I still should have had a triangle or two.  Just couldn't get my hips around like I should have.

Physically I feel great, and may play frisbee today even though this is supposed to be my rest day.  I have BJJ and tennis tomorrow and a tenns match on Sunday.  Since I'm not doing BJJ class on Tuesday, I have plenty of time early next week to rest.  Going to de-load my activity and eat well.  No coffee, soda, pastries or cookies. 

No comments: