Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Already?

Wednesday
It was a gorgeous day, but couldn't get a frisbee game together.  Crying shame.  Had a chili cookoff at work for charity, and had all kinds of nom nom chili to choose from.  In all fairness, I HAD to try all of the different chilis to give an educated vote.  I also HAD to go to the gym later to work it all off. 

W/U:
6 pullups (PR)
10x 45lb bench
10x 65lb bench
5x 95lb bench
10x 20lb kb swing
5x 30lb press
5x 25lb zercher squat

WOD:
5 rounds for time:
5x 95lb bench
10x 20lb kb swing
10x 30lb press
10x 25lb zercher squat
Completed in ~13mins (I'm not used to my new watch and hit split instead of stop)

Good workout.  Last couple of press reps were tough in each round, but I picked a good weight.  Shoulders were worked!

Cooldown:
3x 105lb bench
dips (unassisted but mostly assisted)
more pull-ups
attempt at knee-to-elbow

Thursday
Afternoon:
Frisbee (1hr)
Played decent, was able to run after some tosses and get them.  Still not jumping like I should and finding it difficult to track a fris that is coming in on an arc (even a relatively slight arc). Weather was amazing. 50 degrees and mostly sunny.

Evening:
BJJ (1.5hrs)
More guard work, this time working on regaining posture, breaking guard and passing.  Good class.  Need to work on maintaining grips on a leg and lapel/head while passing to get a solid side-control.  I think I do a pretty good job drilling it, but am sure that I spaz a bit during rolls.  Had 2x 2min positional drills in guard and then one 5min free roll session.  Was happy when I was on top in guard, but not so happy when I had guard.  Did ok at breaking posture and tried to go for sweeps, but was not able to complete.  Need to really be able to have explosive, clean attempts at sweeps from guard.

No comments: