Monday, March 28, 2011

Grass Looks Green From Here...

Lawns are starting to green up...very exciting.  Snow/rain mix this morning...a little less exciting. 

Friday
Mock BJJ blue belt test.  This was one straight hour of running through the 88 techniques that Pedro Sauer requires on the blue belt test.  I felt like I did ok.  Not amazing, not bad.  We hadn't drilled the standing self-defense techniques nor head/arm escapes in quite awhile.  I was pretty rusty on those, but felt good about the guard and mount positions.  I was bummed about not knowing all of the techniques, but it was a great exercise to just spend an hour running through them. 

Saturday
BJJ class.  Good class, more guard work.  Got to roll with Dane and Walter.  I was in a bad position in side-control and couldn't get out of it but wasn't getting submitted either.  I need to improve my awareness of hands/arms behind my head when I'm in side-control.  I'll focus on that this week. 

Sunday
Mixed doubles tennis.  Was a little rusty but was a good workout. 

No comments: