Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Good Fris

3/28
Afternoon:
Had a great frisbee game yesterday.  It was 3 on 4, and I was on the side with 3.  Definitely one of my better games.  Had a couple of scoring throws, a couple of attempted scoring throws that weren't off by much and all of my short passes were on the money.  Best day of throwing that I've had in quite some time.  I didn't feel especially fast, but I wasn't intimidated (much) by guys going past me.  Felt like I could catch them, or at least get to the fris if it was tossed their way.  Had a couple of good defensive blocks, especially being on the team that was a man down.

Evening:
BJJ.  T was teaching, and it was definitely a different atmosphere.  Looks like we're going to be focusing on side-control for the next little while.  We went over top control, transitions to mount and submissions.  Started with takedowns, which I didn't do very well.  Wasn't even a hip throw.  *sigh*  The side-control work was great practice.  No rolling at the end which left me feeling unfullfilled.  There will be people from other schools coming in on Thursday though, so should be a good crowd and hopefully we'll get a lot of rolling in then.

No comments: