Sunday, March 13, 2011

Anticlimactic

Tournament is over.  Won 1, lost 1 in gi.  Did not compete in no gi b/c the lone competitor that was anywhere near my weight class did not show and the next closest divisions were in progress or had already finished.  Bummmer.

However, I did get silver in my division in gi, so that's not nothing.



Won my first match by armbar.  Ended up on the bottom after the takedown, but moved to side-control and then got the armbar. 

Second match, pulled guard and went for a collar choke for the entire five minutes and didn't get it.  Lost on points because I pulled guard.  Tried a triangle and some armbars too, but should've swept.  Could've swept and that would have won me the match.  But I didn't.  So silver it is.  Next time....

First match:

No comments: