Thursday, March 10, 2011

On Track

Still resting.  Feels weird to be "on the bench" and not sick.  I've been ok with my diet.  No cookies, no espressos, no alcohol.  Choices of meals have been a little so-so, but not terrible.  The baked goods have been really, really hard to pass up.  I don't think cutting baked goods out of my diet is really going to make that big of a difference come Saturday, but I'm already more than halfway down the road...so might as well keep going.

I will say that Cadbury milk chocolate eggs (the small ones, not the big cream-filled ones) are crack and are to be avoided at all costs.  Easter is weeks away, and they put this crap out so early you can't help but indulge before St Paddy's day.  I've been completely off the wagon as far as chocolate is concerned.  I cannot even have them in my house, as I will take down an entire bag if left to my own devices.

Even though I'm gobbling up Easter candy, I'm feeling pretty good.  Legs almost feel rested, rest of my body feels fine.  Nothing feels sore and even my hinky ankle is about right.  Will be going to BJJ tonight and might do some light rolling at the end.  I should have a ton of energy going into Saturday morning.  Hopefully I don't leave it all on the mat in the first match! 

No comments: