Friday, November 28, 2014

Fri Morn

Preventing the double-under guard pass was on tap for this morning. Break the grip and go for a baked chicken if you catch it early enough. If not, push against their tricep and try to come up and out with elbow escapes. If you can catch the arm for a crucifix then all the better.

Rolled with Rachael, Chris, Seline and Nate.

I didn't end up in bottom side-control with Rachael. I dominated this round, with a sweep that started from an attempted foot lock on her part. Passed, got to top side-control and finished with a kimura. Reset and got to her back and harassed her from there.

I transitioned through a lot of different positions with Seline, letting her work the move of the day several times. 

Chris and Nate were tough rolls. I felt like I should have been able to execute movements better, but it wasn't quite working out. My goal for today was to let me body move to whatever position felt natural and to not force techniques that weren't there. I was mostly successful, except for when people would pause in a dominant position.

Rolled with Rachael after class for another 10min or so. Did fairly well the first half, getting to the back again. The latter half she had top side.

No comments: