Thursday, November 13, 2014

Quitters Never Prosper

Sorry for the small text on a couple of posts. Fonts are hard. :)

Sometimes they do, but I'm glad that I went to the 2nd class on Wednesday.

We drilled taking the back from closed-guard, including an arm-bar if they post while you're in the midst of the transition and rolling them over for mount if you can't establish both hooks b/c they're clutching your leg for dear life.

It was KOTH, win via submission or mount. It didn't really matter though, b/c Rachael came over first and we ended up rolling the entire time (~30min) with neither of us getting a submission or mount. She came close to getting mount during a guard pass, and I had her back for a piece of time. She had top side control, so I suffered in that for awhile. Quite awhile, actually. It was a evenly matched roll, and I'd be curious to what the scores would have been.

I've been taking in a few more carbs than usual, which might be contributing to my increased levels of energy. Not being sick certainly helps.

EDIT: I wanted to add that these past two days are exactly the type of days that I need to bookmark when I start feeling like I'm shitty at jiu jitsu.

No comments: