Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sat Fundies & Rolling

Was a little rushed and didn't prep quite the way I wanted, but still had a good class. Taught mount control, collar choke, americana and arm-bar. I feel like I should be covering even more basic material, but am at a loss as to what that might be.

An hour of rolling for the noon class, b/c most people were going to bug out and watch Metamoris. Started off with flow rolling, and apparently a poor flow roll is a harbinger for not great rolling thereafter. I was defensive against pretty much everyone. Ended up in less than ideal spots on numerous occasions when I had no business being there. Felt awkward over all. 

Rolled with Nick, Dess, Clayton, Ryan M., Savannah and can't remember who else. Nothing of special note during any of the rolls, other than I didn't roll very well. It wasn't terrible, but my passing especially left a lot to be desired. 

Not too worried about it, I was due for an off day. I had a lot going on before classes today, so that likely contributed.

No comments: