Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wed Morn

Today was a dose of passing, including a side-step pass that works great in theory but almost never in practice, DLR to leg drag, and headquarters to some half guard thing that never worked for me when drilling.

Was able to work with Sarah, and we rolled for the first two rounds, then I went with Jeremy and Dess. After class rolled with Sarah again for another 5-10min. 

Jeremy came at me like I stole his lunch money. He very nearly got a pass, but I had the underhook and was able to weasel my way into back control, where I happily stayed for the remainder of the round while actively hunting for chokes.

Dess continues to break the both arms in/out rule in my guard and I continue to throw up triangles. I talked him briefly after the roll. He cognitively knows not to do it, but his movement gets too far ahead as he's scrambling to open the guard or pass. 

Sarah and I had some fun. One of the main reasons I enjoy rolling with her is that we're both competitive but willing to experiment. We'll end up in some funky positions, and the rolls are more like play than work. She was working on reversing one of my bolos, and we spent some time trying to figure out how we could get the back attack to go in our favor. James was laughing across the way b/c from a distance it just looked like a lot of legs waving in the air.

 

No comments: