Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday Morning Hot Ear

A hot ear is a bad sign. I'm really, really hoping it's not going to fill with too much fluid. I've had surgery before when draining didn't work and it was one of the most un-fun days ever. I can't quite tell what's going on with it. Going to ice it and hope for the best.

James sounded like death, blamed allergies. 

KOB escapes today. I was able to write them down this time, so that's something that I'll be able to drill during the Sunday class.

Rolls with Sarah, Joyce, Julio and Jason S. Ended up sitting out two rounds due to odd numbers and an apparently inability to pair up with someone before the next round started.

Good rolls all around. Really fun one with Sarah, where we got into some weird positions as we were fighting for the shallow hook in the midst of a sortof bolo. It's been a long time since we've been able to roll at our normal pace.

Joyce did a great job, and really seems inspired from last week's tournament. Her instincts are definitely coming along, and she's being deliberate and patient when setting up grips and such for passing. 

Julio wanted to play a game where he bum-rushed past my legs over and over again while I was in seated guard. Not a fun game, but it's something that I need to work on anyway.

Jason tried to work some of the stuff he drilled yesterday. At one point I dropped down for a bolo just to try something different. It didn't quite work, but it wasn't a flaming fail either.

Please ear, don't do the cauli thing.

2 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

Uh oh!!!!!!! You've seen that cauli ear vid, right??? :P

Relax On The Mat said...

I've heard of such a video, but there is zero chance that I'm going to watch it. I'm going to sit here in an aura of optimism instead.