Monday, November 24, 2014

Sunday Advanced

Largest crew that we've had for the advanced class in quite some time.

I drilled KOB escapes a couple of times. These didn't feel anywhere near as good as they did when we working the technique in class. To be fair though, my drill partners were giving me more realistic pressure. Gave me a good look at what is going to work and what should be abandoned based on their knee positioning.
 
Did one round of reversing the whizzer from bottom half guard. My mistake there is that I didn't have enough elevation or momentum when diving under to take them to that side. I just realized that I'm also probably not pinching their arm into my body.

Tried to do some passing from headquarters ala Lovato but it was a bit of a trainwreck. Did the little drill of diving my knee in and circling out if they have an inside out hook.

Rolled with James, Shaun, Dennis and can't remember who else. Don't recall anything about the rolls other than Dennis and I got out of our routine of me trying to sweep and him trying to pass for 5min. We had a lot of transitions, and I very nearly finished the inverted triangle. I heard gurgling so I knew it was close, but I couldn't quite keep it. I had a so-so roll with James, nothing near as awesome as last week.

 

1 comment:

SavageKitsune said...

I love it when they gurgle.