Monday, November 17, 2014

Sunday Advanced

Four of us for the advanced class. Even number, so that was good.

I drilled hook breaks that I had seen in a Ryan Hall video. From standing, if opponent gets a foot hooked behind your knee from the inside out (i.e. the hooking foot in a tripod sweep), drive your knee down to their butt, circle your shin out and then step your foot outside their leg to prevent them from replacing it with a DLR hook. A little hard to explain, and it took me several repetitions before I was able to get any sort of rhythm with it.

Also drilled knee slice entries and my DLR to RDLR series. 

Rolled with Kelly, Shaun and Jason S. Had a really fun roll with Kelly, as he was being deliberate between transitions and it gave me a chance to try to move him one way or the other and just experiment a bit mid-roll. Trying to get a feel for momentum and weight distribution. 

Shaun and I were going to go light, but once an opportunity presented itself for either of us that kindof went out the window. He got a great sweep early on, and I was able to use a kimura grip from top half guard to get into a position to take his back. I'm not even sure how that happened, but it was pretty awesome. 

Light roll with Jason S., can't remember anything of significance.

No comments: