Thursday, November 27, 2014

Wed Night

Technique was shin guard to waiter sweep or X guard. I was surprisingly not very adept at getting into a good guard position.

What really sticks out in my mind for this class was the 20min that I spent smushed under Rachael's side-control. It was KOTH, win by submission or mount. She passed my guard in about half a second, and I spent the rest of the time contemplating my bad side-control escapes. She had several opportunities for submissions, including an americana, multiple kimuras, a far-side straight arm-bar and even a crucifix. I weaseled my way out of those subs but several of them were close. I had a true 'oh shit' moment when she had the crucifix, but somehow I got out of that too.

Two or three times I was able to get to a quarter guard, but in every instance she already had a knee through and simply finished the pass and was right back in side-control. Or north-south. 

I got whupped.

No comments: