Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Monday Night Standup

Standup (as it were) on Monday night. Guard pull into tripod sweep, guard pull into DLR dump-to-side sweep, fake guard pull to ankle pick. Most everything was ok, except my ankle pick was pretty dreadful. I watched the video of my match from last month and my regular guard pull was pretty bad. It's pretty simple but it's a struggle for me to pull off correctly.

Rolled with Rachael, Savannah, Manny and Naomi. I had the upper hand on Rachael, but gave up top position for an arm-bar, lost it and got my guard passed for good measure. I was able to escape side-control after a bit. Nothing remarkable about the rolls with Savannah or Naomi (who is very new to jiu jitsu but has good instincts.

Manny had good positioning and maintained top position for most of the roll. He had my arm in a nasty spot, starting with a monoplata and keeping the arm in that position while I tried to escape. He eventually went for an arm-bar on his back and I was able to slip out the back as the timer sounded. I was in a bunch of bad spots, but managed to survive.

I sat around like a zombie after class, but overall my body and energy levels feel pretty good. 

Didn't sign up for the tournament. I need to be kindof frugal with my expenditures and traveling for another tournament doesn't make the cut.

No comments: