Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wed Night

Rolled with Rachael for 15min before class and manged to not get injured. I consider that a victory.

Technique was a mixture of passing the seated guard. The first was an interesting and pretty slick backstep into a kneebar, where you sortof figure-four their far leg to prevent them from defending the kneebar.

Rolled with Missy, Sol, Nando and then Opal and Rachael after class. Nothing of any special note about the rolls, other than Sol's side control is just as crushing as usual. I had a good roll with Rachael, spending a little over half the time on bottom and the rest of the time on top. 

Nando was on top the entire round and basically kicked my ass. I kept wanting to turn his bad knee this way or that and a few times I did, but mostly I laid off it. It probably wouldn't have changed the outcome of the roll though. He seems ready for Vegas. 

No comments: