Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Said No MMA!

I had to take a few days off b/c my body wasn't feeling quite right. I felt dead tired after Saturday's classes and was doing good just to drag myself out to the yard. Had a slight headache and felt really off, like my brain wasn't fully engaged with the rest of my body. Very mono-ish. Felt somewhat better Monday, but still off. Decided against classes.

The headache wannabe is still hanging around, but otherwise my body felt good enough to roll. I was chilling on the mats before class just minding my own business when James asked me to warm up the class. Slacker. 

Guard breaks for today. Nothing new, but a lot of details that I miss. It was a little tricky working with Kayla b/c her legs are much shorter than mine, so it takes very little for some techniques to work. I wasn't as smooth as I would have liked, and kept forgetting to pressure the back of the leg that wasn't pinned the mat when setting up the knee cut. Also kept forgetting to trap the pinned leg with my far leg as I was finishing the knee cut. 

Rolled with Kayla no gi the entire time, as James wanted her to work guard passing for an upcoming fight. At one point she lightly punched my sternum and I told her that I wasn't here for that MMA nonsense (she knew I was joking). On the last round, James had me start in guard with my head against a padded corner of the room so that she could feel how the cage could help her pass. It was miserable trying to get my hips around with my head backed into a corner. :( I'm definitely not doing MMA shit.

Body felt pretty good after class, so going to drink a crap ton of water and hit the night class too.

Great news...no formal classes this weekend, so I'm off the hook for Fundies and get to watch college football all day!

No comments: