Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Submission Escapes Part II

Decent sized night class. I got there early, as it occurred to me while I was at work that it was about to storm in a very unpleasant manner and I was on the motorcycle. I parked in front of the gym just as the rain was starting to come down.

A 10-15min roll with Rachael before class started. She had top position for most of the roll. I was finally able to regain guard and try for a top position when class started.

More submission escapes, this time kimura from bottom side and omoplatas. I requested the kimura from bottom side and was very happy to have some time spent on it. I was working with a very new person though, so I spent more time showing them how to apply a kimura than escaping kimuras.

KOTH, win by submission or mount. I started down, and Rachael literally ran over to me. Sure enough, we took the entire time. She had top position for a good portion of the roll, but I managed to get a triangle. With her leg inside. James thinks those are legit, but I've never tried one before and didn't know enough to get her chin off of her leg to finish the choke. I had her in that for several minutes, and transitioned several times to a mounted triangle. I tried arm-bars, americanas and wrist-locks but couldn't finish anything. She finally tapped from hating life in that position, but I was never really close on the choke.

After class we rolled for another 5min. This time I was able to get to her back and harass her for most of the round from there.

No comments: