Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wed Morn

So far, not doubling up on classes to start the week is turning out to be a really good idea. Getting behind on energy and sleep isn't a recipe for success.

Today we went over transitioning from a half guard pass to a monoplata from mount (or technical mount) and some variations thereof. I felt good and sharp during drilling, which was a nice change. I thought I had a legit defense to the monoplata by grabbing my own leg (similar to the kimura defense if you're in someone's guard), but James didn't think it would be very effective.

Rolled with Sarah for the entire time (~25min). I let her get some positions, others she got on her own. I was excited for her b/c there were a couple of sub opportunities that she pounced on and was super tight most of the way through.

I hope nerves don't get the best of her and that she's able to compete to the best of her ability in Vegas.

No comments: