Monday, August 4, 2014

Mon Morn

Invariably when you learn something cool and want to try it out in live rolls, you can't PAY someone to get you into the position you need to pull off the move. I don't know how to bait someone to go for the double-unders pass, which became very clear to me during rolling. I know that some people won't go for it no matter what, which is probably a big part of it.

Today we did loop chokes...rotating with their arm trapped, rotating without the trapped arm, getting it from standing, transitioning to side-control and a peruvian necktie from the basic seated guard set-up.

Sarah and I rolled straight through, so about 25min. We got into our usual assortment of funky positions. I tried to bolo once for fun and she reversed. She got me good a couple of times, especially once when she transitioned to N/S and I left arms hanging out all over the place.

Rolled with Blaine after class. I basically tackled him into side-control so it wasn't much of a fair fight. I was able to maintain top side for awhile and went for an ineffective N/S choke a couple of times. Was in guard and tried the gi d'arce but didn't have enough of his jacket. Fun roll, lots of different positions.

No comments: