Monday, August 4, 2014

Sunday Advanced

There was a seminar on loop chokes in a nearby town for a cheap price, but it would have eaten my entire afternoon. I wanted to go for a ride in the evening, so I did the advanced class instead. Jason W. and Jerry were the other attendees, so we rotated through drilling 2-3 times and rolling twice. Well over an hour of just drilling and rolling, can't complain.

Jason showed me a couple of awesome moves. One involves turning a double-under pass into an americana sweep, and the other is using the beginning of the pass I learned from Mackenzie's seminar into a slightly different pass where I just dive down hip first next to them. Will take some coordination, so we'll see how that goes for me.

Nothing of special note during the rolls, except that I escaped something and managed to turn it into an almost triangle. Jerry let me work from his back a bit, which was a nice change of pace.

 

No comments: