Monday, March 23, 2015

Women...Women Everywhere

We had 12 women on the mat tonight out of close to 30 total. Quite the percentage.

Technique consisted of attacks from mount. Transitioning from top half guard to mount, mount to s-mount and trapping the arms along the way for an arm-bar. Cross choke from mount with some good details on maintaining the position and finishing the choke. Relatively basic, but tough to pull off.

KOTH tonight, with the women allotted to three spots and the men five or six. Win by submission or back-control. Rachael and I went first, and predictably took over 15min to accomplish a submission or back-control. I controlled for the most part, getting to top positions and coming close to back-control but she was excellent at preventing chokes and preventing the second hook. I came somewhat close on a bow and arrow, but she got out of it and got a top position and nearly passed except that I was able to turtle. I got into an open guard, swept, passed and finally finished with a choke from north/south (don't know the name). It was a great back and forth battle, and I was really, really impressed with how she didn't give up in bad positions. I came very close to getting the second hook in, but she was persistent with her back defense and was able to get it back to a neutral position. I found out later that she had rolled for awhile before class, so it's not like she was coming in fresh.

I was spent after that, but had relatively easy rolls with Rachael B., a new girl (Syn, Syb?), Naomi and Seline. 

I told Rachael after class that I was very happy to have her as a training partner. She knows that already, but I had to reiterate after a great battle like that.

Predictable tired after a double, but going to hopefully get solid sleep and won't feel too much like a truck hit me tomorrow.

No comments: